Under Armour have made bold strides in the world of football of late, and look set to make the most of their recent spate of exposure with the new Under Armour Blur Pro football boots.
If there’s one thing that’s hot at the moment, it’s lightweight football boots. Following the release of the adiZero this time last year, there’s been a huge flux of brands trying to get in on the ‘speed war’.
After successful forays into the market with the Dominate & Create ranges, Under Armour now turn their attention to something lighter with the launch of the Under Armour Blur Pro football boots.
Under Armour are taking a hard-nosed marketing stance for the Blur Pro, asking consumers and experts alike “Why are football boots designed for straight ahead speed when our game is all about cutting and crossing?.
UA says that the Under Armour Blur Pro isn’t designed to follow the crowd, instead looking to change the way we think about soccer speed.
At around 243g, the Under Armour Blur Pro is only marginally heavier than the likes of the Umbro GT Pro and Nike Mercurial Vapor VII, but UA claim that the extra weight over their rivals is worth it to offer improved stability and lateral traction when making turns and cuts at high speed.
The Under Armour Blur Pro is available in two colours at launch; Black/Bolt and Metallic Silver/Velocity/Black, offering anyone thinking of picking up a pair of Under Armour Blur Pro a choice of a traditional black boot, or something a little more eye catching.
Pre-Orders are now open for the Under Armour Blur Pro, which is expected to begin shipping in early June.
Under Armour Blur Pro Specifications
– Lightweight Microfibre upper, for optimum performance and comfort
– Perforated for excellent moisture management
– 243g/8.6oz, ranking them close to the Umbro GT Pro and Mercurial Vapor VII in weight
– MicroG cushioning reduces stud pressure
– 4D foam forms to foot over time, for bespoke fit and customised support
– Antibacterial footbed reduces odour and offers better hygiene
– Lightweight Pebax Outsole
– Ergonomic Stud Placement
– Internal Heel counter
– Lateral ‘Outrigger’ suds offer unprecedented support and traction when making quick changes of direction
Footy-Boots.com’s Kyle reckons…
“UA have created a light boot to rival the likes of the Vapor & GT Pro; but we reckon they might have to get even lighter to pull people away from Nike & adidas!”
Let us know what you think to the Under Armour Blur Pro in the comments below!