The Double Diamond release their updated speed boot the Velocita 2 and what a way to kickstart 2016!
When Umbro introduced the original Velocita a year ago, we were mightily impressed with their lightweight speed offering.
Well made, lightweight and comfortable it eased Umbro into the speed boot market comfortably.
The good news is Umbro have now launched the second incarnation of the Velocita and it’s more about evolution, not revolution.
Umbro Velocita 2
Clearly happy with the status of their Velocita, Umbro have made minor refinements to their speed boot.
The two stand out features which show progress on the Velocita are both on the upper;
Being a tool for ‘speedsters’, the ability to cut in various directions is important, which is where the Umbro designers have focused their attention. The Velocita 2 comes with a re-engineered external framework helping to reduce pressure and improve grip, from all angles.
This will combine well with the much loved soleplate which remains untouched from the original boot launched last January.
The other update of note on the boot’s upper is the microfibre skin. The textured material replaces the smooth upper and now offers added grip in all weather conditions – always useful.
- Re-engineered external framework withstands pressure from all sides.
- One-piece lightweight soleplate with unique Umbro stud configuration.
- Multi-directional flex points and protective external heel counter.
- Super lightweight textured microfibre upper provides grip in all weather conditions.
- Heat-welded A-Frame cradle to stabilise the mid-foot.
- Heat welded construction offers improved feel for the ball and reduced stitching.
- Anatomical padding in the sock liner provides increased comfort where it’s needed.
- Hot melt and mesh construction on the tongue provides optimum fit and ventilation with reinforcement in key areas.
Having nailed a decent boot for the speed sector, Umbro haven’t changed the Velocita for changes sake. Subtle improvements see the boot develop and this launch colourway is bang on!
Review Colourway: Black/ Sulphur/ White
Retail Price: £130
Shop: Visit Umbro Direct