Nike are managing the hype of the Magista masterfully in between their February launch and April 29th pre-order date, revealing that their hotly-anticipated new football boots will be available to Nike iD on the same pre-orders open for the standard boot.
If you’ve somehow avoided the Nike Magista for the last six weeks, this is the boot that Nike promise will herald a new generation of football boots under the tagline ‘Football Will Never be the Same’
And whilst there’s a certain amount of poetic license in that, we discovered there’s certainly some level of truth, too as we found out when we slipped them on a couple of weeks ago.
What can players expect from the NikeiD Magista Obra?
– Players can select from two plate options to fit their playing needs, FG (advanced traction on firmer grass fields) or SG-Pro (for extra grip on softer ground).
– For personalized style, players can select an overlay from a variety of solid colors, or choose a clear overlay to expose the Magista's Nike Flyknit technology.
– The Swoosh, Swoosh border, and laces are also available to customize from a variety of color options, with a special graphic option available on the Swoosh.
– For the first time on NIKEiD, football players can mimic the personalization elements commonly seen on top athletes and select their jersey number; 1 of 12 country flags; or personalize with a custom name or nickname.
– Five unique icons specific to the Magista will also be available for added personalization, such as the one seen below.
All in all, not a bad set of features to tempt players who perhaps don’t like the launch colourways into something a little more unique.
Are there any colour options that take your fancy?
Let us know in the comments!