It’s everyone’s dream – to see your name up there in lights.
For a brief shining moment, Footy-Boots got the chance to light up the Johannesburg skyline thanks to Nike’s Write the Headline interactive billboards at the Life Centre in South Africa!
Nike asked us what we’d love to say to the England team to let them know all of the Footy-Boots readership are behind them – we opted to call on Wayne Rooney to step up with our rallying cry ’90 Minutes to Glory – Just Roo It!’
And within the hour, our message was being beamed out from the Life-Centre – pretty cool!
Life Center Live Facts:
- Supporting 12 languages across the world (Chinese, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish & Turkish)
- Operational from 6pm to 6am daily
- Displaying over 100 individual headlines per night
- Largest Interactive LED screen in Africa
- 44 meters high by 42 meters wide
- 207,520 individual LED˘ making up a linear distance of 2.5km
- 15km of galvanized steel cable make up the frame, 3km more than the distance Wayne Rooney runs on average per game
- Two 90m high player imagesTotal size of the wrap is 8,400 square meters big enough to cover an entire full size regulation football pitch
- Headlines submitted directly by consumers over Facebook, Twitter, QQ (China only), and Mxit (South Africa only)Upload time of between 20 minutes Ĺ› 24hrs for headline