The clocks are going back, there’s a chill in the air, and (shudder) gloves are starting to be worn on football pitches across the continent; Winter is officially here. But it’s not all bad, as it does mean a new winter ball for the top leagues in Europe – the’ Nike Maxim Hi-Vis.
Hitting the pitch this weekend in’ the Premier League, Serie A and La Liga, the Nike Maxim Hi-Vis‘ retains the same features and tech specs as the ‘standard’ Maxim, but adds a whole new level of visual acuity with it’s winter livery.
With a base colour of ultra-bright yellow, the’ Nike Maxim Hi-Vis’ ads contrasts with segments of purple, cyan and magenta to create a distinctive geometric graphic – which not only looks great, but also results in a stronger version of the ‘flicker effect’ we saw on the Superfly II & III – allowing players to pick outb the edges of the graphic against the yellow casing, for better judgement on the ball’s flight.
This’ represents’ the next level of the’ Nike RaDaR technology,’ which means Rapid Decision and Response. As a lab and field-tested standard of visual’ performance Nike RaDaR technology allows players to see the ball better and capitalize on split’ second scoring and passing opportunities.
In addition to the Hi-Vis innovations that will see the best players in the world benefit from’ playing with – what Nike call – the world’s best ball, the Nike Maxim Hi-Vis‘ features geometric precision technology to’ help distribute pressure evenly across all panels around the ball for a consistent, accurate and’ powerful strike, no matter where you hit the ball.
Additional performance enhancing innovations include:
– Hand-stitched casing for craftsmanship and durability
– Durable, lightweight PU casing with micro-grooves stabilizes ball flight to increase’ efficiency and accuracy
– Flexible, supple, cross-linked nitrogen-expanded foam provides superior Ĺ›touchĹĄ and a’ consistent feel in all weather conditions
– Engineered rubber response layer helps store energy from impact and releases it at’ launch for enhanced power and speed
– A layer of polyester support fabric enhances the structure and stability of the ball for’ long-term performance and durability
As well as hitting pitches on the biggest stadiums in Europe this weekend, you’ll be able to buy a Nike Maxim Hi-Vis‘ of your own from today, for the princely sum of £90.00