What were the three most important things to happen in Sheffield at the weekend?
In no particular order, the Footy Boots picks are:
1) Girls Aloud performed at the Sheffield Arena.
2)The City council’s allotment ranger was on hand for a Q and A at the Eccelsall Woods Sawmill. And, this is the big one really,
3) Concave PT+ football boots were used in a UK professional game for the first time.
Sheffield United’s Danny Webber used the kangaroo leather Concave PT+ when he came on as a 75th minute substitute in the Blades’ home game against Swansea City.
And while, with 2 massive Champions League semi finals this week, the news might not have an enormous impact, due to Sheffield United’s current league position, it could be significant.
United currently sit in 3rd place in the Championship, and a win in their final league game at the weekend could be good enough to see them promoted to the Premier League.
Indeed, should the Yorkshire club, who are away to Crystal Palace, get a better result than Birmingham City who visit Reading, then United, Webber and Concave will be top flight bound. If not, then they’ll get another chance via the play-off’s.
Concave PT+ football boots
- A fully integrated concave upper element, which comprises one streamlined piece with a slightly lower profile and softer ridgelines than the original design.
- The trademarked Concave upper element has been modified by replacing the TPU with a memory foam-like material that is sufficiently dense to serve its design purpose yet more flexible for improved performance and comfort.
- Weight reduction, achieved primarily through a change of material in the Concave upper element.
- Comfort improvements, particularly to relieve pressure on toe joints.