Hello Friends and Fellow Footballers
We’ve responded to hundreds of email enquiries from folks eager to hear what’s next with Concave.' Here’s a quick glimpse.
Following its limited introduction in the UK last August, the revolutionary Concave football boot became another of those legendary “overnight” successes that have been years in the making.
By limited introduction we mean one model boot (PT 1), in one colourway (black, red, silver), through one exclusive retailer (JJB Sports).
It was kind of like a premier gourmet chef staging a private sampling to showcase his most delectable culinary creation. But the limited rollout did herald the dawn of what many believe will be a new era for football – with higher performance standards universally and who-knows-how-many fewer metatarsal cripplings.
Concave Sports 2009
Now there’s plenty new to look forward to in ’09. First, in the spring, a transition period from the single PT 1 calf leather model:
- Introduction of the PT + kangaroo leather model
- Addition of mid-range and entry level models
- Addition of round moulded cleat outsole (to complement screw-in studs and blades)
- New colourways, including black & white combinations
These football boots will be stocked by an expanding number of retail outlets in the UK, Ireland and North America, elsewhere as mentioned below, and also in several online stores.
Later in the year, around the end of summer, Concave will release a full range of boots, adding indoor flats and junior and kids sizes (10-5) to the adult line-up. Some key features of the newer line will include:
- A fully integrated concave upper element, which comprises one streamlined piece with a slightly lower profile and softer ridgelines than the original design
- The trademarked Concave upper element has been modified by replacing the TPU with a memory foam-like material that is sufficiently dense to serve its design purpose yet more flexible for improved performance and comfort
- Weight reduction, achieved primarily through a change of material in the Concave upper element
- Comfort improvements, particularly to relieve pressure on toe joints
One thing that does not and will not change is the boot’s functionality. Extreme care is taken to maintain the integrity of the “four pillars” of Concave performance: improved accuracy, power, protection and control derived from a sweet spot that is four times larger than standard football boots.
There was, however, one pesky design feature that had to be corrected. It didn’t reveal itself during extensive wear tests but shortly after rollout we learned that the plastic eyelets in the lacing system were occasionally snapping off. The few customers who experienced this failure received replacement boots. Plus the eyelets have been converted to standard lace holes, thus eliminating the problem.
Meanwhile, Concave is moving ahead aggressively to expand its market presence so the boots will be more readily obtainable in line with demand.' In addition to expanding the' distribution within the UK and North America, distributors are currently establishing channels in Germany, Austria, several Eastern European countries, Greece, the Middle East, South Africa and Australia.
Don’t be shy about visiting us at www.concave.com, we’ll be working hard to keep it lively and informative.