Under Armour and The Saints pen a new multi-year partnership deal, thought to be 7 years and based on six pledges.
Under Armour, the brand from Baltimore, US, who already have a partnership with Tottenham, will now replace Adidas as Southampton FC’s kit partner.
Under Armour and Southampton have also agreed a six-point pledge, part of which will bring innovation to the first-team shirts, including infra-red technology to combat cold weather, and to provide 5,000 pairs of football boots to the club’s academy by 2023.
The full six-point plan and pledge was led out on the St. Mary’s pitch on canvas together with a team badge and UA logo, here’s their plan:
- Relentlessly innovate and create revolutionary product enabling or first team to perform at the highest level
- Continue to develop the next generation of academy talent and empower them with over 5000 pairs of cutting edge footwear over the next seven years
- Work with the Saints Foundation and kit out 5000 children in the local community
- Develop the women’s and girls’ game through our shared expertise and knowledge
- Realize our global ambitions by spreading the benefits of sport and healthy living through technology and activations
- Together we commit to having fans and innovation at the heart of everything we do